we talked about braces in detail, but this topic is very wide – today the specialists of the clinic continue to answer questions.
Click here: Hollywood Smile Dubai
The bracket has come unstuck and dangles in an arc. What to do?
If the bracket has come unstuck, it means that it has ceased to exert pressure on the tooth – the system is broken. This can slow down the treatment process, or even reverse it: unfortunately, teeth that have been in the wrong position for a long time can return to it very quickly (therefore, after removing the braces, you must wear a retainer or mouth guard to fix the result). Make an appointment with your orthodontist as soon as possible, and also try to carefully remove the bracket from the arc.
What should I do if I swallow a bracket?
First of all, do not panic! It will not cause any harm to the body – neither ceramic, nor metal, nor sapphire braces have sharp edges. Make an appointment with a doctor so that he promptly puts a new bracket.
Braces have no sharp edges and are made of safe material.
Which toothbrush do I need?
A special orthodontic brush allows you to brush your teeth without risking damage to the bracket system. It looks like an ordinary one, but its lateral setae are longer than in the middle. There is also another brush, without bristles, but with a special lock to secure the brushes. Small brushes easily penetrate under the arc and clean the teeth around the braces. Both brushes must be used with every cleaning. How to do this, an orthodontist will show you.
- a brush for cleaning braces
- A special brush with a brush will clean all inaccessible places
- The whole truth about first person braces!
- Find out what guarantees should be and how to save on treatment
At what age should a child be shown to an orthodontist?
At 2–2.5 years, the child develops a milk bite. At this age, even if there are no complaints, you can already visit an orthodontist. Your doctor will tell you if the bite is properly formed. If violations are already visible, then appoint a treatment or time for the next visit to control. If the baby is all right, the doctor will tell you when you still need to visit him for a routine examination.
- If you missed this reception, it’s okay: 6-7 years is also an appropriate time for your first visit. An experienced doctor will immediately notice violations, if any, and give recommendations.
- Doctors also recommend bringing a child when he is 10-12 years old. Ahead of a rapid growth spurt, which means that if there are problems with a bite, it is now best to plan and start treatment.
- In the photo – baby teeth
- A milk bite is just as important as a permanent one! Show the child to the orthodontist at 6–7 years old
How to convince a teenager to put braces?
- If adults seek treatment consciously, teenagers sometimes have to argue about this. After all, the result will not be soon, and you will have to wear braces now. What are some arguments to convince?
- At a young age, correcting malocclusion is much easier and faster than in an adult.
- Ligature-free bracket systems deliver a minimum of discomfort. After a short period of addiction, they are hardly felt, it is easy to maintain hygiene with them.
- Braces are no longer a reason for ridicule, but a beautiful expensive accessory that tells others that its owner cares about himself and his health, seeks to look good. In addition, ceramic or sapphire braces are hardly noticeable. Even Hollywood actors once wore this “decoration” in order to dazzle with a smile in a few months.
- In case of serious bite problems, braces will change facial features. Of course, for the better: the oval will become more beautiful and regular, the chin will be sharper, the asymmetry will disappear. It is enough to see the photo before and after treatment to see how much you can get prettier after suffering several months of treatment.
- Finally, the last argument: despite the fact that at the time of installing the system it seems that you will have to wear it “for ages”, this time will pass – and the teenager will go to the prom or summer vacation with a beautiful smile and full of self-confidence!
- Braces do not interfere with life, they give beauty and health!
Is it necessary to remove wisdom teeth before installing braces?
The doctor will conduct an examination, take pictures and examine the condition of your teeth. In many people, wisdom teeth are in their infancy in the jaw tissue. If this is your case, the doctor will simply put braces on the “sevens” (that is, the last teeth in the row). If the wisdom teeth, or “eights”, have already grown, braces will be put on them in the same way. If the wisdom teeth begin to erupt during the treatment, the doctor will immediately notice this – you need to visit it every 4-6 weeks – and, if necessary, take action.
In some cases, treatment requires the removal of healthy teeth. This happens when there is not enough space in the row. But these are not necessarily wisdom teeth – what kind of teeth should be removed, the doctor decides individually in each situation.
Thus, in most cases it is not necessary to remove wisdom teeth.
If you give your baby a dummy, can his bite really go bad?
The formation of the bite is influenced by many factors: heredity, general health, nutrition of the child, his posture, habits and so on. Sucking a dummy is one of the factors in the formation of a bite. It is impossible to say unequivocally that a child who was given a dummy will have problems with his teeth (and vice versa). But there are certain rules:
Choose a pacifier of a special orthodontic shape.
Do not give it constantly, too often.
- Try to gradually wean the child from sucking at a time when he begins to receive complementary foods and gradually switches to solid food (that is, from 6 months to 1 year).
- With moderate use, the dummy will not cause harm. If you have any doubts that the baby’s bite is developing correctly, visit the orthodontist as early as 2–2.5 years old, when all the baby teeth appear.
- At the Clinic, you and your child will receive orthodontists with extensive practical experience. The total experience of the clinic’s doctors is 288 years, and each orthodontist has installed more than 2,000 bracket systems. specialists are constantly improving their skills at trainings in abroad. Therefore, turning to our clinic, you can be 100% sure of the result of treatment.
For more information visit our website Versailles Dental Clinic